The Government of Tajikistan has undertaken initiatives to simplify business registration processes and customs clearance. The Tajik business community welcomed these moves, but corruption and stifling bureaucracy remains pervasive.
Compared to neighboring countries, Tajikistan’s markets are relatively less exploited and offer potential to investors willing to navigate the risks. Opportunities exist in the following sectors:
- Power generation and distribution
- Food processing and packaging
- Agribusiness machinery and farming equipment and services
- Mining equipment and services
- Construction equipment and machinery materials and services
- Cosmetics and toiletries